Sunday, December 25, 2011

Holidaze

Hot damn!
Christmas happened again!

I only bought a few presents and none of my recipients were at the holiday gatherings (including my MOTHER :[ ) and I'm pretty bummed I didn't get to do the whole "Do you like it?!" scenario because OF COURSE THEY DO and it feels good. But whatever. Woman's gotta get her gift sometime!

Ralph came to Christmas Eve on my dad's side last year but missed my mom's and they have been asking about him literally since our first date on Christmas two years ago (I guess that makes this our anniversary of sorts?), but he gets paid THRICE on holidays and it's really hard for him to turn that up. But this year I made him and it was so. good. Honestly, it's like he's always been a part of the family. That feeling makes me really warm and cozy inside. We are thinking that next year we might do Christmas with his mom in D.C.

A few of my favorites from x-mas dinner with both sides of my family:
 Like this picture of us. I look so much like my mom/grandma in this, its almost frightening.
 My uncle Darryl and my cousin, Darrylantè (don't get me started). This kid had Ralph and I grinning like idiots trying to suppress our desire to procreate. He is so. cute.
 Ralph and my dad playing cards together. Warms my little heart.

My dad and my older brother.
 This one just made me particularly happy and this is essentially what holidays look like with my family, except everyone behind me in this photo is dancing and laughing as well. I love, love, love my family. These are my cousins, Ashley and D.J.

 My big brother Jumokè and I! He moved to Atlanta a year ago and this was my first time seeing him since!
2/3 of my brothers.

And with my mom's side:

My cousins, Charly and Zawdie. The beginning of an installment titled: My Attractive Family.

My grandma and I! Just can't get over her face in this one. She didn't realize my camera was so big.

My awesome grandpa in his LEGENDARY STORYTELLING MODE.

Installment two of My Attractive Family. My cousin Robert. He is a professional basketball player for a team in Bolivia. Crazy right?!

Cousin Charly, Aunt Dee, and me. I've always appreciated that I can look them directly in the eye without tilting my head. Littles 4evr! Charly is currently getting her Masters in Mathematics crap at Wake Forest. Pretty cool.

My newest cousin! I don't even know her name. That new. My aunts were so excited about Ralph that they shoved this baby in my arms and started getting all glassy eyed and gooey and taking pictures. Couldn't be more subtle.

Final installment of My Attractive Family. My cousin Otieno. Totally single (& he sings!)

TINY ROBERT (father being the aforepictured of b-ball infamy). THIS IS THE CUTEST KID IN THE UNIVERSE.

I just really love my family. I really do. I appreciate them more and more as I get older and understand (say it again!) more and more what it really is to be, have and know your family.

I have to be awake in 5.5 hours and I want to DIE thinking about my alarm clock going off at 4:11am. Hey! Its an important 11 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment