Sunday, December 18, 2011

BLOGABOUDIT

Well, I really suck at blogging. I moved over to Tumblr because I suspected people I wanted to follow were there, but it turns out you're here! So that's good!

R and I moved to a new place a few weeks ago (almost a month already!) and it has been so damn great. I had no idea how much our living situation sucked until I wasn't there anymore. Roommates suck! I didn't realize that when I had them. $1,000,000 later, we finally have a good number of the necessities we need. 

The house we lived in before just kind of came with all of the kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff, etc. so we actually needed silverware, pots, pans, measuring cups, cups for drinking liquids, bowls, plates, ALL THAT SHIT. We still don't have a lot of what we need, but one step at a time right? I built the dining room table all by myself! Felt like Jesus.

Our apartment is freakishly perfectly located which is really exciting. I can walk to Capitol Hill, Seattle U and Seattle Central, and Downtown within 10 minutes! Drinking, shopping, and learning! What else is there? 

Still very miserable and sad regarding the additional quarter at Seattle Central, but getting over it like big girls do. Its only a few months! Pshhhh. Seattle Central is a great school and everything, but it's ghetto as hell. The library is always super noisy with people eating, talking, yelling, spelunking and what have you. Homeless people wander in all the time and fall asleep on benches and chairs not to mention the schools graduation rate (which is super low although I don't know the number off the top of my noggin). Everyone goes and not so many people graduate, and you can feel that in the hallways. I just want to be inspired and surrounded by those who inspire. I suppose people bringing their kids to class is inspiring in a "Places Not To Be" way. 

I have a bad habit of selling coffee to homeless people instead of kicking them out immediately. Ima deal with that now. Even though its NOT EVEN 7AM YET.


No comments:

Post a Comment