Friday, January 13, 2012

What I learned this week

1. Men are going to end humanity peacocking around with nuclear weapons.
-Can we get some women in power?! Honestly?! I don't know why anyone thought men were the best candidates for global leadership (obviously men put themselves in this role but still...). We had something to do with the scientist killed in Tehran this week and they are absolutely going to retaliate and Americans are definitely going to lose their lives over NOTHING. Hillary probably had something to do with that too, but I bet she argued against it! I bet she did.

2. We are reading the sonnets in my Shakespeare class and I am so in love! I don't know why they bother trying to teach teenagers anything--I definitely couldn't have appreciated Shakespeare until recently. We read the Elizabethan World Picture before starting on Willy's actual work in order to get a better understanding of the common beliefs, sayings, and limitations of his time. This has already helped me understand many of his popular metaphors. Very excited about this!

3. English Lit major was a good idea.

4. International relations was a good idea.
-News involving the Middle East makes A TON more sense. I can actually read, be interested in, and comprehend all of the headlines on the NYtimes now and this excites me very much. Except for stuff involving the stock market. Different language.

5. R is a really solid man. Just real great.

I have become obsessed with the Timbuk2 Commute 2.0 and really, really, want one for school/work. On school days, I often go straight from school->cafe to study->45 min bus ride to work->work and I take the bus home from work as well. Mind you, I carry my macbook, 2 HUGE anthologies, notebooks, pens, highlighters, sometimes my DSLR, and the rest of my school crap. So either I stop at home and switch bags (carrying my huge, floppy, purse with my computer, charger, planner, and whatsits) or I carry my giant 8 pound backpack full of things I'm not going to need until the next morning. My backpack is also not too sleek on the bus (during rush hour in particular) and I almost always hit someone with my backpack upon turning my body. Lot of apologizing going on here.

BEHOLD!

All roomy and sexy and efficient. And TSA compliant (don't have to take the laptop out of the bag at security). And most importantly--waterproof. Its ugly--I'll give you that. But it gets the job done, and its not like I'm going to carry this thing to a wedding or anything. Strictly weekdays. We will see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment