Monday, January 2, 2012

2011

Happy new year, internet! I spent NYE with my boy, some palz, some beerz, some rock&roll, some dancing and lots of walking around Seattle arguing about whether or not we should take a cab! Appropriate I think.

Its been a damn good year.

I enrolled in school full-time after a 2.5 year hiatus from academia and totally kicked some ass. I boosted my GPA earning an A- average at my current school. I was accepted at Seattle University and (for once) my financial aid package actually matched my real-life income. My amazing 52 year old aunt and my Grammy both passed away making the first deaths on either side of my family in several years.  I learned to manage my money better. I bought myself a DSLR as a result of learning to manage my money better (Best Purchase Ever).  R and I got our first apartment together!!!

R and I became a beautifully functioning couple as I learned to speak my mind instead of analyzing the situation and compartmentalizing my findings/feelings. I realized what an amazing man I have loving me and trying to work with me. I realized I don't need or want anyone else, maybe ever. When I tried to imagine my life with and without him ten years from now, I didn't want to give up the 'with him' version for anything else. Mind that "without him" featured me as a successful attorney in a city that is not on the Pacific who dates her pick of beautiful & intelligent men until she's ready to "settle down."Also in this version, I am wearing Louboutin's. And I didn't want it! The "with him" version looked a lot like this. So I think that explains things.

I wanted to try and find a fun photo that summed up the year but, alas, nothing is appropriate. Instead, have some festive adorable.
My little sister and I circa 1993.

No comments:

Post a Comment