Saturday, March 10, 2012

@ LONG LAST



Essentially I am really goddamn stoked this week! I had my orientation at SU and am finally a registered student. I think my really close friends are the only ones who know how important and exciting this is for me. I. Cant. Wait. I feel like I've been in community college for 10024r842yrs. The campus is evergreen-y and warm and not too big to feel lost, the library is brand new and has a cafe in it! & Private study rooms where you can bring that coffee! One of the most annoying things about Seattle Central for me is that utter disrespect everyone has for the library. Whenever I'm in there, every table (exaggeration) is eating crinkly crackly junk food and teriyaki and speaking really fucking loudly. I LOVE libraries. Just respect the library. Respect the books.

Spring Quarter Schedule

I think I'm most looking forward to the Law, Literature & Society class. I try to gauge my excitement off of the legitimacy of required book list and I can't wait to read and discuss the books for this class. The philosophy class is part of the required SU curriculum, and I wish it weren't at night. The book list looks pretty good, and I have yet to read much of Plato & Aristotle, which we will be. Excited for that too! And British Lit II ! RENAISSANCE TIME Y'ALL!

 I've taken MW&F off so I will only be doing school those days & NOTHING ELSE. I'll work on TThSatSun, which is pretty much perfect since I'll never work more than two days in a row. That, my friends, is how to stay friendly in customer service.

The weather in Seattle has been slaughtering my happiness. It is remarkably difficult to get out of bed in the morning knowing that it is pouring and you have to walk. BUT IM 2 HAPPY 4 IT 2 GET ME DOWN!

I turned in my 12 page research paper for my Shakespeare as Lit class today, so I'm feeling that false yet euphoric sense of freedom with my time. No papers, no projects, no presentations...just finals. I ended up writing the paper on "Reflections of Elizabethan sexuality in Sonnets 15, 20, 129, and 130." I wrote about the traditional gender roles and norms of sexuality during Shakespeare's lifetime, and since the Elizabethans were surprisingly homosocial, also about the norms of homosexuality for both genders. I used sonnets related to the historic information I found, analyzed them, and then related Shakespeare's personal sexual characteristics to aspects of his society. It was actually a pretty fun paper. Lets talk about it sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment